FieldCore Inspection Technology Field Service Technician,18-1157 in Wilmington, North Carolina
Inspection Technology Field Service Technician,18-1157
Field Service Technician - Mechanical
Remote, United States
Inspection Technology NDT Vibration technology
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both
Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets.
The NDT VT Technician provides inspections and technical services as per defined scope mainly in the method of VT inspections and provides inspection services as per defined scope on pipeline applications. Inspections are conducted at petrochemical and petroleum refineries, wind farms, pulp and paper plants and other industrial facilities as required. The NDT VT Level I Technician should be responsible for the NDT operations for which he/she is qualified and assigned and should be capable of interpreting and evaluating results in terms of existing codes, standards and specifications.
NOTE: no relocation is required but candidates must reside anywhere in the North or South Caroline states as they will be providing support for General Electric projects located around those regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The NDT VT Level I Technician is responsible for Operation Excellence and Technical Quality of services performed.
• The NDT VT Level I Technician can calibrate, perform tests without supervision and make test assessments when required.
• This position is part of the Delivery Process and is expected to lead other NDT technicians and project personnel in providing the primary service of inspection performance to our client.
• The NDT Level I Technician should be qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards and specifications and should be able to organize and report the results of NDT tests
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to meet the requirements of VT Level II certification within one year from start of employment.
• Expected to follow all GEIT and ISR specific policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• In-depth knowledge and field experience with the NDT discipline in customer site applications
• Experience with automated and computerized NDT Equipment. Demonstrated work history supporting customers and producing final reports.
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Qualified level. Able to successfully perform all requirements of the job properly.
• Possess advanced skills and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a field of specialization.
• Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams and engineering drawings.
• Demonstrated work history supporting customers and producing final reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma/GED and 3 years of field experience and certification as a Level I in VT according to American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT). (Must have verifiable discipline hour documentation for certifications).
• Must be able to demonstrate NDT abilities through successful completion of formal training, OJT, and examination.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Must be fluent in English.
• May be required frequently lift, move, and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
• May be required to walk/stand upright for periods of up to 12 hours and occasionally ascends/descends ladders up to 30 feet and stairs up to 6 stories.
• Significant (domestic and international) travel will be required (75% to 100%) and on short notice.
• Work for extended period, including weekends and holidays, is also required.
• May be required to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold) for extended periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
For more information regarding affirmative action and equal employment opportunity click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf